Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Direction?: A way forward. Which option?

Before I get into my direction post, I want to link you to a very well thought out post on the treatment path for Bi-Polar disorder written by Susan. She addresses it to all political candidates, about her ideas on addressing this situation, what will (or could) work in regards to treatment, a real process to improving BIPS and what funding is needed. It is a "pilot" looking for a "crew."

I hope she will succeed in getting this into the "mainstream" and receiving the backup in going forward. I, for one, am willing to explore the avenues.

Which leads to what this post is about.

I am weighing some ideas that I recently I bantered around between my episodes of depression.

1) An online monthly blog magazine. Gathering the best of bloggers postings up for a monthly journal on a wide range of issues, events, categories... PDF format with blog links to the contributing stories... Rotating bloggers, not just a hand-picked group. Wide range of viewpoints - not just liberal, conservative talking points. Worldwide views on issues from home country bloggers. Visuals as prepared by the bloggers. I am looking to edit it. (Tons of blog surfing by me and those I get turned on to doing some blogger article searches for me.)
Have a concept of the structure of it...but need the meat and the stories to sell it.

2) Online short story-novella serial. I started this 10 days ago. I am hoping to write it first before putting it out on the blog here. Will be a bit unusual due to the semi-screenplay format I am looking to put in place. Right now, I have to improve my research of where I want this story to go...I have a good concept, I think, but the background information is a bit lacking....Hint: It is literally two stories in one...

3) Start working on the Environmental book front. I think this is an issue worth a real look. Graphs, analysis, the truth and fallacies (and where they evolved from) of the Environmental, Energy and Political Landscape. Barely scratched the surface. 18mo. - 2yr. project.

4) American History. As I stated before in a prior post. A very long, intensive book project.

5) Bipolar Disorder program assistance. Susan has the concept, know-how and experience to launch something that could help thousands, I truly believe.

Though I haven't openingly admitted it, I am bipolar.

The quick swings I have in mood, the deep depressions I funk into for weeks and months, the mania of doing multiple things for a brief spurt effortlessly and the overall thinking that I am not like many other people, tends me to this. If anything, I think I could gain a perspective from working on this "mental health opportunity" to really do something that obviously gets ignored until it is literally too late for the sufferers of this particular diagnosis.

So, what should I do?

Feedback is very welcomed... :)

3 comments:

sbwrites said...

Thanks for the kudos. You're a one-man-support group! Love the new book ideas! Wish I could offer you any advice on the bipolar part. You could try medication but the whole process is so "iffy" and expensive and you know how I feel about medication.

My new plan is to begin a yoga class and learn to meditate. There's lot of evidence to support that it could work. And since nothing else does...I figure I can't lose!

Anonymous said...

Have you been evaluated by a physician specializing in this type of disorder? I would start there. Good luck finding a treatment plan that works for you!

Anonymous said...

I do believe you should pare it down to four things and reevaluate until you choose one to start with, leaving another couple to start at a later time.

I also think you should if possible seek treatment, or at least consult on it as self diagnosis is not always accurate.