Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's been awhile since I could hold my head up high

I went away from this blog site for some crazy reason. Being from usage the best one I have used. As per usual, no one came to visit that I am aware of. The baseball book post likely had a great deal to do with it.

My other blog - JP's GM Fantastic - is a Yahoo account that lacks the ability to do fancy blog things. Really , Yahoo has missed the boat and it reflects in their stock price lately and their profits. I was dedicated to Yahoo since 1995-96. Yes, that long. I've had the same email since 1998. And that reflects a commitment to them. But they haven't developed with the times. They forged ahead badly in the Website/Advertising arena, forgotten how to move forward with better products, and became lazy in establishing better content. Lack of creativity and access to latest web software has made Yahoo a fraud on the Internet.

I'm no technical expert, but it is easy to see they dropped the ball. Google has done innovative things, taken risks (some really legally unhealthy) but they have amassed a huge following. I took the Apple side (Yahoo) in the fight. (Though Apple has moved ahead.)

I'm switching over to the other side.

No comments: