Monday, September 8, 2008

Economic Woe: I don't like Hurricane IKE or the U.S. Economy



If you lived in the Caribbean this year, it has to suck. Haiti, Cuba, Turks and Caicos, all hit by the storms Gustav and now, IKE. Ike is heading into the Gulf, again, bearing down on New Orleans by this recent projection. My agnostic prayers are with you.

Today, my mother is seeing a bankruptcy attorney. Hopefully, he'll take the case. Because, folks, it is pretty grim for her (and myself) if she doesn't get the bleeding stopped. Unlike Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, who have the U.S. government taking over their affairs, I haven't the power to takeover my mother's or my aunt's yet.

On my other blog, I related that I would address The Perfect Storm, aka, the current financial crisis. I have flaked out only due to a myriad of other concerns. Like getting food, shelter and gas paid for or at least addressed. Assuming I can get the research back on track, I'll complete it. But, if not, here's a few highlights:

Because of these and various underlying stories, there is a likelihood of a severe recession and possibly, the D-word.

People at the bottom will really feel it.

Good Luck riding out this Perfect Storm.

No comments: