Friday, January 22, 2010
List-a-Mania: Top 5 songs I cranked up in the last year
1. Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z & Alicia Keys. A take off from Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind." Never been to the Big Apple, but I will soon enough. Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of...
2. Sometime Around Midnight - The Airborne Toxic Event. Similiar to Snow Patrol in going in for the slow burn genre. Always like classical lead-ins to a song. Depressing song behind all the music though.
3. Magnificent - U2. U2 always creates one or two songs like this per album. I never get tired of them. 30 years of great music. Only Love can leave such a mark...
4. Lovers in Japan - Coldplay. The heir apparent to U2. The drums at the end are counterpointed to the soaring guitars.
5. Lisztomania -Phoenix (HD) : The best French import since French Fries & the Statue of Liberty. Just don't tell the French that.
As you can see, I like classical sounds, piano, and driving drums dispersed throughout the song.
What's you listamania?
I'll tell you more when you tell me yours. ;)
Patience, grasshopper. You must use the force. Nothing MacGyver couldn't solve... My new bag: to make lives better through their health, their mindset. It's new, but we should always look for new. Take a gander there at Bringin' Gas & Dialin' 9: A Seven Score Addiction to the National Pastime. Writing is just about the only thing one can do to live on permanently - buildings will crumble, pictures can fade, memories blur before we know it, but words can remain visible, and understandable, long after we pass from this mortal coil. (That's why that Socrates guy still gets play!) So that's my story. Create your new story!