Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Poetry: Senses (1987) and Bad Grades in School

I wrote this when I was like 15 for an English class. I sucked at English. Never got an A in any class past 8th grade. (Mainly C's and D's.) In fact, I got 3 Ds and 3 Fs for each 6-week period of my Junior Advanced English class. I got a D- for a final grade in both semesters. This poem is likely the reason why. (College: One C in my only English course.)

Unlike Stephen J. Cannell, who wasn't exactly a great writer either at a young age (due to dyslexia), I will be happy to blog my heart out. For the youngsters, Cannell was behind most of the hit 80's shows. His hits include The Rockford Files, Greatest American Hero, The A-Team, Hunter, Riptide, Hardcastle & McCormick, 21 Jump Street, Wiseguy, The Commish, Profit, and the hit syndicated shows, Renegade and Silk Stalkings.

God, I wish I had his job... :)

Senses (1987)
IF I could see love, it would look like a blue ocean on a warm summer's morning,
or like a snow covered mountaintop on a cool autumn evening.

IF I could hear love, it would sound like two songbirds in the springtime,
or like a soft melody playing in a pattering rain.

IF I could taste love, it would taste like a hot fudge sundae with nuts,
or like a hot cherry pie with ice cream on top.

IF I could smell love, it would smell like garden roses freshly picked,
or like an apple pie just out of the oven.

IF I could FEEL love, it would feel like a soft caressing hand patting me on the back,
or like a warm gentle kiss on the cheek after a baseball game.

No comments: