Saturday, November 3, 2007

Blogging Hiatus: I need a break

Sorry to disappoint, but that is apart of life...
I won't be blogging too much here for a while. It is not for lack of topics - Leadership, Global Economy, Environment, Life in General - but it has to do with my current feelings...

I'd like to blame the weather change - Fall brings on depression in me - and the holidays.
I'd like to blame myself for not accomplishing much lately. Uninspired, tied down by relatives, finances, ghosts and goblins, etc.
I'd rather be anywhere else, with anyone else, but me.

Shifting gears is hard without the grease in the transmission. I clunk along, grinding my way through a desolate path. The flowers are dead. The animals mute. The eagles are gone.

It just doesn't get any worse than this...(Non-Miller Time.)
Time to travel to the Land of misfit people. Where I don't get the love - or the Led out - and the days spin in a mindless vortex sucking and sucking you all the way down the pipe.

Enough!!! I've heard that a thousand times in my waking and sleepy moments. The dawn gets better. It is darkest before the dawn. (Again.) Go to the light!!! See your way through!!!

Personal Power.





How to Win Friends and Influence People (Or how to con people and get them to do what you want...an all-time favorite of my worst enemy.)

These are a few of my least favorite things... set to a The Sound of Music:


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown papper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things...
If I also had a hammer...I'd hammer the neocons, Bush-lites, dumb DAs, Nancy Grace, Wild Bill O'Reilly, Dennis "I used to be funny AND had a career" Miller, women that don't eat, men that don't stop eating, people that deny Global Warming, Racism and think Capitalism is "super swell."

I don't need a Jeannie -- unless she looks like this -- but damn, I'd take States and Capitals to block Wink Martindale. Or maybe Baseball History for true Daily Double, Alex Trebek. Just give me a swing for the fence -- And I'll hit that sum bitch to the not-so-cheap seats.
As is, I get to promote the 2007 World Series DVD. (20% off 2007 World Series DVD set plus $1 shipping at A&E! Offer ends11/18/07.)
It was a quick, effective showing by the Sabermetric guided team from Beantown. They are doing it right...after four score and six years of defeatism...
If it takes me that long, The year will be 2068...
Adios for a while!!! (and for those that often stop by, I'll make it a point to visit your blogs. At least you deem me worth a visit.)
P.S. I would include another shameless picture of a beautiful woman, however, to decrease cries of exploitation, calls for censorship, and destruction of a blog, I'll pass...
It was though, very, very, very tempting....just couldn't find the woman that fit. ;)--X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well shout us out will you.

You Frogot "Life's a Campaign". Which although I despise Matthews and the premise of the book, the premise is sadly true, and he is often on the money.

Runs Amuck said...

Hey My Brother,

It ain't all lost, you know. I had to take a hiatus myself...turned out to be the best thing I ever did.
Check out my other blog: http://docmike.eblogs.com see where it took me.
Grab a few beers and let it (hiatus) take you to a better state of....

Hiatus is ggod. Stay in touch with me..we have much to discuss.

Yer Ol' Pal,

Mike